In Amherst on December 15th the Phoenix were handed a narrow loss by the Minutemen, 78-73, in overtime.
A couple facts coming into the game: Massachusetts had a much better RPI ranking, #54 to #162. Last year, Massachusetts beat Elon 85-67.
Elon was topped in both shooting and assists. The Minutemen shot 40% from the field, while their defense contained the Phoenix, allowing only 29%. Massachusetts beat Elon with assists, 16 to 13, and facilitated more balanced scoring.
Jack Isenbarger was a bright spot against the Minutemen with 22 points on 30% shooting in 43 minutes, including 12 from three-point range. The Phoenix have fallen to 6-4 but still have a lot of basketball to play. They're now 0-3 against the RPI Top 100 (Massachusetts #54). Unfortunately, they've now lost 3 out of their last 5.
Up next is Duke on the road on December 20th.
- Lucas Troutman recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 3rd of his career.
- The Phoenix set season highs for rebounds and turnovers.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Jack Isenbarger's career.
- Jack Isenbarger accounted for 30.1% of the team's points.
- Jack Isenbarger tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with 14.
Massachusetts Game Notes:
- Raphiael Putney tallied a team season high in defensive rebounds with 9.
- Chaz Williams tallied a team season high in free throws attempted with 12.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Chaz Williams's career.
- Terrell Vinson set career highs with 22 points and 13 free throws made.
- Sampson Carter recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Jack Isenbarger